" Academician I.P.Pavlov Foundation "
1999 is the year of 150-anniversary of the world-known, great scientist and citizen of Russia, the first Nobel Prize Winner in theoretical medicine, Academician Ivan P. Pavlov.
The Physiological Laboratory of the Academy of Sciences headed by I.P.Pavlov was transformed in 1925 into the Research Institute which he headed until the end of his life and which now bears his name: Pavlov Institute of Physiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
To overcome difficulties which fundamental science is now confronted with due to the current hard economical situation in Russia, a St. Petersburg non-commercial Foundation is founded:
"Academician I.P. Pavlov Foundation".
The main tasks of the Foundation are:
- Popularization of the scientific heritage of the great Russian scientist, Academician Ivan P. Pavlov.
- Spread of information on the knowledge and the most recent research and technological achievements in physiology; organization of exhibitions dealing with I.P.Pavlovís life and creative activity; making research-popular videotapes on I.P.Pavlovís research; historical fiction publications on I.P.Pavlovís life and creative activity.
- Financing of priority studies in the field of physiology and medicine, which are carried out by Russian researchers, including international cooperative studies.
- Encouragement of studies on physiology carried out by young Russian and foreign researchers, including foundation of Ivan P. Pavlov stipends and diploma.
- Financing of organization and performance of International Conferences, Seminars, and Symposia.
- Maintenance of Pavlov Memorial Complex that includes Ivan P. Pavlov Museum-Apartment as well as the Research Campus in Koltushi which he founded in the 1930s and now is an object included in the UNESCO List of the World Heritage.
Resolution of the 29th Session of the UNESCO General Conference (Paris, October 21 - November 12, 1997) included the 150-anniversary of Ivan P. Pavlov into the List of UNESCO Memorial Dates of 1999. This anniversary will be widely celebrated by the world scientific community under the aegis of UNESCO
In the connection with this date, a number of jubilee events are planned, some of which will be held at Koltushi Scientific Campus founded by I.P.Pavlov and included since 1991 into the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The primary goal of the Academition I.P. Pavlov Foundation is to get financial resources
- to prepare and hold two International Symposia,
- to arrange two exhibitions on Ivan P. Pavlovís life and research,
- to shoot a popular-scientific videtape on Ivan P. Pavlovís creative activity,
- to publish a historical art album "Ivan P. Pavlov in St. Petersburg - Petrograd - Leningrad".
We would be very grateful to you if you find it possible to support the Fund and to take part in realization of some of the above-mentioned projects. In the case of your positive decision, an additional information including the Foundation bank account number data will be issued to you with no delay.The Foundation Board guarantees issuing the complete information on expenditure of the donations of the sponsors (participants of the Foundation) in compliance with their requests.Sincerely yours,President of Academition Ivan Pavlov Foundation
Djan P. Dvoretsky, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Physiology,
Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences
Address of the Foundation: 6, Makarova St. Petersburg 199034 Russia Phone (812) 328-1101 Fax (812) 328-0501 E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our bank account number is:
S.W.I.F.T. Code: ICSPRU2P
INDUSTRY & CONSTRUCTION BANK
38 Nevsky Ave. 191011 St. Petersburg RUSSIA
Branch: Vasileostrovsky Branch I&CB
Account Number: 40703840911005000021 (USD)
Legal Name: Academician I. P. Pavlov Foundation
Address: Makarova nab., 6 St. Petersburg RUSSIA